Scheduling and Advance
About Cory 2020. Cory Booker is running for president because he believes the answer to our country's common pain is to reignite our sense of common purpose to build a more fair and just nation for everyone.
We're looking for passionate, talented people -- from all backgrounds and walks of life -- who share this mission and are passionate about bringing people together to join our team.
The Travel Assistant would book and record all travel logistics for Senator and Presidential Candidate Cory Booker as well as staff traveling with him. It is a fun and exciting opportunity to join the Scheduling and Advance team with Cory 2020 and keep the engine humming inside a presidential campaign.
- Organize, support, book, and record all travel logistics (flights, trains, hotels) for principal candidate, support staff, family, and surrogates
- Create logistic trackers for staff trips
- Manage and track all travel vouchers
- Update events and transportation trackers, organize external trip documents
- Coordinate and manage campaign relationships with travel partners
- Access trip documents from partner departments
- Coordinate with travel team to provide updated materials directly to the principal and senior staff
Competencies and experience:
- Technical capability. Expert user of Google suite (Gmail, calendar, drive, docs, sheets, and contacts) and relies heavily on technology to ensure efficiency and accuracy of information
- Relational and people-centric. Warm and welcoming demeanor on the phone and in writing via email or Slack; invested in the professional success of national campaign staff
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential information with ease
- Troubleshooting and problem solver. Able to respond quickly to travel issues and willing to call vendors to problem solve rapidly
- Access the department leadership to address problems quickly providing contexts and recommended solutions
- Project management. Highly organized, strict attention to detail, efficient, and able to prioritize based on timeline and needs.
- Drive decisions. Ability to drive decision makers to reach the best decision in the least amount of time possible.
Work Environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
Physical Demands. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk and hear.
Position Type and Classification. Full-time, Exempt.
Travel. This position does not require routine travel.
Required Education or Certifications. There are no education or certifications required for this position.
Other Duties. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits. Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff, spouses/domestic partners, and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 20 accrued paid days off each year; 12 weeks of paid parental leave, and 12 days accrued paid sick leave. Internal staff welcomed to apply for consideration.
Reports to Director of Advance
Cory 2020 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.