The Center for Open Science (COS) is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to advance our mission of increasing the openness, integrity, and reproducibility of scientific research.
Founded in 2013, COS is a non-profit organization that has pushed for meaningful change in the scientific community. We've initiated large-scale reproducibility studies, challenged the incentive models of science publication, and built the premier online framework for ensuring that science is open and available. All of our software is free and open source, and we want to apply the same principles to science.
- Ability to make and drive technical decisions to completion
- Great communication, including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing
- Demonstrated expert-level understanding of one or more commonly used cloud providers, such as GCP, AWS, or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to write custom helm charts.
- Expert in networking principles
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with containerized architecture
- Experience with monitoring (NewRelic, Prometheus, PagerDuty)
- Ability to work independently, and passionate about software engineering concepts
- Cloud: Kubernetes, Helm, Jenkins, Nginx, Sentry
- Back-End: Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Docker, RabbitMQ
- Authentication: CAS (Java)
Benefits: COS offers full time employees
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with employer match. COS offers a matching contribution of 100% up to 3% of pay and another 50% up to 5% of pay (the full match will be 4% if participants elect to defer 5%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. COS covers 100% of employee premium and 50% of all dependent coverage costs under the base plan
- 15 days vacation in year one
- Paid family medical leave. COS offers paid leave for up to three (3) months to all full-time, regular employees to care for their child after birth, after or during the adoption process, or to care for their spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition
- Modern office space and other amenities
COS promotes a flexible work environment that supports a healthy work/life balance.
Applying: COS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in science and technology industries.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your background and interest in the position. Questions about the position and COS are welcome and can be directed to email@example.com. You can also see more on GitHub.
If you know someone who lives and breathes open source and is passionate about collaboration, sharing, science, and making a difference, encourage them to apply.