Senior Software Engineer
Develop exclusively free, open source software to support open science. The Center for Open Science (COS) is a funded non-profit organization with the mission to increase openness, integrity, and reproducibility of research. COS is looking for an experienced senior software engineer interested in support of OSS.
We are much more concerned about collaboration, passion, and ability than the actual technologies you use. A great developer will be a great developer in any language.
- Python (2, and 3 incl. AsyncIO)
- Back-End (Django, Tornado, and Flask)
- Databases & Messaging (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ)
- Front-End (EmberJS and TypeScript)
- RESTful APIs made to specifications (JSON:API)
- Systems (Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Travis)
- Source Control (Git with Git Flow)
- Ability to reason about complex software architecture, and web technologies
- Demonstrate expert level understanding of software development language(s)
- Expert in software design principles, and testing methodologies
- Strong attention to detail, recognizes and avoids software anti-patterns
- Collaborative code review with peers
- Experience with relational database technologies
- Ability to work independently, and passionate about software engineering concepts
COS offers full time employees:
401(k) with employer match. COS offers a matching contribution of 100% up to 3% of pay and another 50% up to 5% of pay (the full match will be 4% if participants elect to defer 5%).
Health, dental, and vision insurance. COS covers 100% of employee premium and 50% of all dependent coverage costs under the base plan
15 days of paid time off in year one
Paid family medical leave. COS offers paid leave for up to three (3) months to all full-time, regular employees to care for their child after birth, after or during the adoption process, or to care for their spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition.
Modern office space and other amenities.
Applying: COS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in science and technology industries.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your background and interest in the position.
Questions about the position and COS are welcome and can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also see more on GitHub.