Web Design Intern
Focus on the visual design, identity, and user experience of the Center for Open Science’s (COS) free and open source products and services. Be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team that is helping science become more open and reproducible. The Web Designer Intern will employ leading edge design and user experience methods to create a professional, accessible, polished style for COS products, services, and web presence. This role requires expert understanding of UI/UX fundamentals and design trends, an uncanny sense of style, color, layout, and typography; and someone who wants to contribute to a mission-driven, non-profit startup.
- Design and maintain the visual brand for COS products, foremost the Open Science Framework and its associated services
- Collaborate with community and infrastructure teams to match visual and interactive styles with COS products, services, and web presence
- Align design and creative strategies with COS mission
- Produce web and print photos, websites, banners, ads, videos, and more
- Understanding of modern techniques/frameworks and single-page/API-driven front-ends.
- Graphical expertise in Adobe products
Other Skills and Traits
- Seeks and employs cutting edge and modern web design techniques and tools
- Outstanding information design abilities
- Great communicator
- Desire and passion in collaborating across many functional areas of the team
- Strong abilities in presenting rationale behind strategic, architectural, and design decisions
- Advocate for user experience
- Team player, high energy, results-oriented, productive and dedicated to high quality
COS has prime office space downtown and caters two staff lunches per week. We have dedicated parking, 27'' monitors, an open workspace with floor-to-ceiling windows (private offices are not assigned, but used as-needed), a stocked kitchen, and white-board walls. Discover more about our office perks.
The Center for Open Science is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in science and technology industries. Please submit a resume via the "Apply for this Job" button at the top or bottom of the page.
For any questions regarding this role, the hiring process, or virtually anything else, you can reach us at email@example.com.