Director of Product Engineering- SaaS CRM Software
Austin, TX /
Direct applicants only. We are not accepting outside agency submittals for our open positions.
Cosential product team is consistently innovating and delivering new features to its suite of products and we want to grow our team, tackle even bigger challenges and do amazing things for our clients through product innovation. We work in small, concentrated teams to constantly improve our code base and have amassed a large backlog of interesting technical challenges and product initiatives. We want to grow to strengthen our market leadership position.
Come help us continue to develop a product engineering team that is fun, innovative and fast paced! We are looking for a knowledgeable, passionate, and creative Director of Product Engineering to help us build a quality-driven culture and create best-in-class enterprise software. As the Director of Product Engineering reporting to the VP of Product, you will be responsible for championing new technologies and processes while releasing quality product on-time and balancing technical debt. You will be a hands-on leader who is technically adept and has the desire and capability to mentor every individual on the team.
At Cosential, we have one product team culture which means all aspects of product – product management, product development, quality assurance, and dev ops are one team, driven to build and deliver a world class product by being a predictable, lean machine, You will be part of the product leadership team, helping drive and maintain that unique culture.
- You will be responsible for creating a world class product engineering team to support the company growth. Your roles and responsibilities will focus on 4 main areas:
- Assess and refine our Agile/SCRUM process by working with product management, support, development, Devops and QA.
- Build out a professional product development process and execute it.
- Direct your engineering resources (and grow them) by mentoring them and introducing new technologies and processes.
- Direct your engineering resources to become more efficient and help your team leads make better tradeoffs on a week-to-week basis.
- Reflect corporate strategies into tangible metrics that you report on regularly.
- Expose data around the state of the software, team, and processes to your team to empower them to improve.
- Help drive the technical architecture of our platform while balancing technical debt.
- Drive a test-driven development approach.
- Adopt a CI/CD mindset that is more advanced (and more beneficial) to speed up deployments, reduce total cost of ownership, and maintain quality.
- Our product generates eight figures in revenue annually and needs your leadership to drive stability and innovation.
- We need hands-on technical oversight for the development, quality and dev ops team to continue driving the continuous delivery culture.
- We need your best thinking to stretch our resources to accomplish the greatest value for the business with the most efficient investment of resources.
- Providing day-to-day direction to your team and working with other internal teams.
- First 30 days - you will learn the strengths and weaknesses of your team, get to know leaders across the organization, our products, processes, current initiatives, and technical stack. By the end of this period, you will take over all day-to-day development activity, interface with internal groups, and be responsible for direction and reporting of the health of the system and the team.
- Second 30 days - with the help of your manager, you will carve out the direction that you want to take the team, the people, the product architecture, and the processes. Then you’ll go full steam ahead, balancing your resource allocations across all initiatives.
- After 60 days - You will flesh out a detailed people and technology roadmap.
Leadership through data:
Challenges that this role will help solve:
- 3+ years technical leadership in a Development role managing/directing 5+ people
- 5+ years being a developer in an enterprise software environment
- Excellent knowledge of modern development techniques, processes and tools
- Strong architecture background and hands-on experience creating and implementing architectures across a product line
- Proven track record implementing best practices in development
- Hands-on experience with product management
- Experience with developing products (not just in-house IT systems)
- Experience with AWS, RESTful interfaces and microservices
- Experience evaluating and recommending development frameworks
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with application development on web, mobile and Outlook add-in technologies
Cosential is an exciting growth-stage Software company with offices in Austin, Texas, along with an engaged remote team around the country. We're on a mission to empower Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) professionals with a cloud-based Growth and Relationship Management and Proposal Automation solution to simplify their lives and win more work.