Enterprise Sales Representative - Mid-Atlantic
Washington, D.C. /
Sales – Enterprise Sales /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
As an Enterprise Sales Representative, you will be selling our award winning NoSQL database to the Global 2000 directly. You will be part of an over-achieving sales team that has established Couchbase as a dominant player in the database world
You’ll be driving strategic enterprise opportunities in the Washington, D.C. Metro area, selling the value of our product and services offering. Must live in territory.
- Close business to meet or exceed quarterly, and annual bookings objectives
- Acquire net new logos
- Uncover opportunity at existing accounts and establish new accounts to develop sales pipeline
- Maintain pipeline in SFDC, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Lead presentation of the company and product line to potential customers
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Manage opportunities and forecast
- Sell a complete solution of software, services and support to ensure customer success
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct webinars, attend trade shows and industry related events
- Previous experience selling database to the Global 2000
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with MEDDIC sales methodology
- 5+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- Superb relationship building skills and ability to demonstrate the value of the Couchbase platform to customers and prospects
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn and become productive quickly
- Must live in territory
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.