Systems Quality Engineer - Cloud Team🇬🇧 (REMOTE)
Manchester, UK /
R&D – Cloud Platform /
The Systems Quality Engineer will have the primary accountability of validating developed software meets specifications by programming automated tests. A successful candidate must have a strong understanding of distributed systems and demonstrate the ability to effectively test and troubleshoot them.
This role is also open to remote work within the UK as our teams are distributed all over the world! Our team is a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required; however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners.
In this role you can expect to:
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define specifications and develop test plans
- Adopt, improve, and advocate for our vision for the quality of Couchbase Cloud products
- Define, plan, and execute test cases for distributed systems
- Build and maintain reliable test automation using Go (Golang) that validates correctness and scalability of software
- Make it easy for engineers to contribute and enhance tests
- Collaborate with engineering teams to find effective solutions to testing challenges
- Collaborate with engineering teams to reproduce complex scenarios discovered in our own testing or reported by customers and write regression tests to fix and prevent them
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- The software you write is sympathetic to the humans who will maintain it
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback and regular dialogue and collaboration as a fundamental skill for our team members
- You are comfortable with Go or another low-level programming language and would like to write write GoYou have experience automating infrastructure
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and the ability to make realistic assessments of product complexity
What does success in this role look like?
In three months, you’ll have made a material impact by validating the correctness of software through the introduction and enhancement of reliable tests and are effectively collaborating on the design of new features and their specifications
In six months, you have established a cadence of predictable, on-time delivery without cutting corners
In twelve months, you have earned the trust of the team and are delivering tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with minimal guidance and have established yourself as the “go-to” person for the behavior of several parts of the system
Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Work with product and engineering teams to design and develop test plans for Couchbase Cloud products
Adopt, improve, and advocate for our vision for the quality of Couchbase Cloud products
In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working at Couchbase, and the Cloud Team in particular. Specifics of your past experience that are relevant to this role are greatly appreciated.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.