Senior Performance Engineer
Bangalore, India /
R&D – Quality Engineering /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling innovative and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company where our enthusiasm is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry. At Couchbase, you get to end each workday knowing that what you do matters. Enjoy the journey.
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you will be working on complex distributed systems, databases and large clustered datasets. You will focus on optimizing overall product performance, and will work with the Development, QE (Quality Engineering), and Product teams to deliver high quality initiatives for all our products throughout their development life cycles.
- Coordinate with the Dev / QE / Support / PM teams to review and document requirements, execute performance tests and troubleshoot/resolve (blocking) issues.
- Design and conduct tests with complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks and failure points.
- Analyze performance results to identify system inefficiencies and suggest optimizations to address the same.
- Look for ways to improve user experience and system efficiencies.
- Analyze metrics and trends to glean opportunities for performance improvements of our systems.
- Conduct technical presentations to educate teams on how to improve system performance.
- Innovate solutions to improve performance engineering effectiveness.
- 7+ years of experience in performance engineering.
- Strong coding skills (Python, Go or Java).
- Ability to convert customer issues to automated performance tests.
- Strong experience in bottleneck analysis, profiling, and tracing.
- Strong knowledge on database performance.
- Strong hands on experience on system monitoring tools and frameworks.
- Solid communication skills: demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies will be additional advantage.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or Information Technology
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.