Senior Software Engineer, Sync Gateway
Santa Clara, California /
R&D – Core Engineering /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Sync Gateway connects our mobile database, Couchbase Lite, to our back end Couchbase Server and it’s performance and stability are mission critical for our customer’s edge applications. As a Senior Software Engineer working on the Sync Gateway team, you will bring your Go programming experience working on highly scalable back end systems to the team. Your experience developing cloud services using the latest cluster orchestration systems will help lead us in implementing our product road map for years to come. You will be working closely with the Sync Gateway development team developing new features for our future releases. Going forward, you will have the opportunity to research and design leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- SOFTWARE DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Design and develop new features for the Sync Gateway product
- Optimize existing Sync Gateway features for maximum performance
- Participate in code reviews of other members of the Sync Gateway team
- Develop and improve software tools used by the Couchbase Lite team and its customers
- Research leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability.
- TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION
- Write API specifications for features under development
- Assist QE in designing test plans for new features
- Work with Technical Support to help diagnose and debug high priority customer issues
- Work with senior members of the engineering team and product management on feature road maps
- Mentor junior engineers
- Interact with members of our open source community
- Experience in large scale, distributed systems
- Experience with data replication and access control
- Experience leading a complex project/feature from design through implementation through delivery
- Familiarity with REST interfaces
- 5+ years programming experience
- 1+ years of Go programming experience
- Experience writing unit, integration, and system tests
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Experienced in concurrency / multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing cloud services
- Experience with cluster orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.