Director of Sales, Couchbase Cloud
Santa Clara, California /
Sales – Enterprise Sales /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
As our Director of Sales, Cloud, you will oversee our global GTM strategy and execution for DBaaS globally - https://www.couchbase.com/products/cloud . You will be THE Couchbase Cloud sales leader, empowering the global Sales team to garner, build, close and evolve our Database-as-a-Service business. You will work closely with our product and business development teams to build and execute the CB Cloud GTM plan and establish Couchbase as a dominant player in the Database as a Service world.
- Own and drive cloud practice for Couchbase globally
- Close business to meet or exceed quarterly, and annual bookings objectives
- Introduce CB Cloud to existing accounts and assist in translating requirements to the product team.
- Establish new accounts to develop sales pipeline
- Structure sales proposals to ensure that they are aligned with best practices for selling Couchbase Cloud.
- Maintain pipeline in SFDC, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Lead presentation of the company and product line to potential customers
- Build strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
- Act as an Account Manager for Cloud deals as needed to help foster and lead the relationship with certain strategic customers that need additional attention
- Manage opportunities and forecast
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct webinars, attend trade shows and industry related events
- Previous experience selling a Saas or managed cloud offering to the Global 2000
- Previous experience selling cloud solutions (i.e. AWS, GCP, MSFT Azure)
- Successful track record as a specialist, working closely with sales leadership and teams to effectively sell a solution with a different value proposition and motion.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with MEDDIC sales methodology
- 7+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market
- Superb relationship building skills and ability to demonstrate the value of the Couchbase platform to customers and prospects
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn and become productive quickly
- Ability to travel 25% of the time after 6 months in the role
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.