Technical Support Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
R&D – Technical Support /
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to assist our rapidly growing customer base. As part of our customer support team you will be the primary point of contact for Couchbase customers for all technical issues.
NoSQL databases are the answer to the demand for high speed, highly available, extremely dynamic data storage and Couchbase is at the forefront of this technology. Working in Couchbase Technical Support you’ll acquire highly coveted skills, essential to this technology, by navigating the world of NoSQL databases and the "big data" eco system. This includes working with Golang, learning about the principals and concepts of distributed systems, understanding what goes into good NoSQL database design, mobile data convergence, and becoming proficient in the best practices for building NoSQL-backed applications.
You’ll fit right in with us if you have a passion for unraveling complex issues and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. If you’re looking to work in an open, collaborative environment side-by-side with our development engineers to resolve customer issues and shape future product design, we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Work with our customers during implementation and production of their Couchbase Server-based applications
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues. These can range from development time SDK questions to performance tuning or failure analysis
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles or knowledge-base entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds or best practices
- 5+ years of experience working with users/developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues for backend infrastructure applications (e.g. databases, application servers, Hypervisors, etc.)
- 5+ years experience managing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Strong Unix/Linux administration skills
- Strong programming experience in one of the following languages: Java/C/Python
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high-performance systems
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues, and solving problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- Working hours for this role varies depending on coverage. From Monday to Friday with starting time between 8:00 and 11:00 until 17:00 and 20:00 Pacific Time.
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.