Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems
Santa Clara, California /
R&D – Core Engineering /
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, and other projects.
- Help build the world’s best distributed server infrastructure which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
- Be agile
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You’re particular about your toolset, because you have it set up just how you like it and when you’re at your best you’re insanely productive
- You have 4+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- You can hack in C, but you also like the intoxicating power of working in higher-level languages
- You think distributed systems problems are cool
- You might even have some real-world functional programming experience
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team mate
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.