FP&A Director, Sales
Santa Clara, California /
Finance – FP&A /
In this environment, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing.
We’re looking for a FP&A Director, Sales to help our late-stage startup on the journey through explosive growth. This will be a high-visibility role reporting to the VP of FP&A, working closely with sales leadership across the global organization. This will also offer a unique career opportunity for in-depth and incredibly cross-functional experience in FP&A as well as Sales Operations. If you are a motivated self-starter who wants to influence and provide insights to leadership at a high growth startup, then look no further, we have the job for you!
- Be the business partner to sales VPs as finance point of contact, connecting and translating sales/GTM strategy to financial implications and vice versa
- Provide forecast analysis during the quarter on critical GTM KPIs
- Monitor sales and GTM KPIs and provide recommendations to leadership
- Take the leading role in cross functional GTM initiatives, including but not limited to tracking marketing program ROI, sales conversion, and partner participation
- Recommend revisions to existing reports, assisting in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Support Sales Ops to ensure SFDC data quality, better enabling sales rep productivity
- 7+ years in a similar position
- Strategic thinking as well as hands on analytical experience
- Both large company experience and startup experience is highly desirable
- Ability to consume large amounts of information, keeping it organized and being able to communicate back to management in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to build complex models and perform predictive modeling and analysis that provides management insights
- Deep understanding of sales processes, funnel management, renewals, and forecasting
- SFDC operational expertise
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, both in written and verbal form
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with a minimum supervision
- Understanding of the typical technology and information interfaces with other parts of the company, such as IT, Finance, HR, Sales, and Marketing
- Knowledge of entire Microsoft Office suite
- Experience supporting sales teams that sold software, technology or SaaS
- Exceptional Excel analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.