Senior Sales Operations Manager
Santa Clara, California /
Sales – Sales Operations /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing.
Couchbase is seeking a motivated, detail oriented, and creative individual to join our Sales Operations team as a Senior Sales Operations Manager. The position will report into the Senior Manager, Sales Operations, and work closely with other senior members of Couchbase’s Sales Operations team to support a variety of sales related initiatives involving our channel driven routes to market across North America, Europe, and Asia.
This position will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Couchbase (including sales, marketing, operations, finance, and support) with the primary objective of enabling sales leadership to make effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions. The role will be primarily focused on working with cross-functional groups to improve efficiency through automation and process alignment, provide general database and program support, and evaluate various sales performance indicators.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and entrepreneurship, interested in learning about best practices involving sales and marketing, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to adapt quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects.
- Manage channel related projects and programs focused on implementing new go-to-market strategies, process improvements, and system enhancements.
- Learn to manage and administer Couchbase’s CRM application, Salesforce.com, and become an expert in the application related to all aspects of our channel business.
- Collaborate with Couchbase’s Business Development Managers in the field to resolve operational issues impacting their partners; Drive partner adoption & adherence with our processes and systems..
- Audit and maintain processes to ensure the accuracy of the data quality within the Salesforce.com database.
- Build, run, and analyze reports and dashboards for users and managers & in doing so provide insight into the business.
- Interface daily with the CB Business Development teams, customers, and partners.
- Track all partner metrics (pipeline, bookings, deal registrations, adoption, certifications, etc.); identify trends and recommendations for channel management.
- Redesign and improve existing sales and operational processes as the organization evolves.
- Partner with management to develop monthly and quarterly business reviews, metrics, & presentations.
- Respond to ad hoc requests flowing into the sales operations group from various teams, regarding reports, processes, requests for assistance, and or general support.
- Own & maintain process and training documentation for channel applications, reports, & business processes.
- Continuous identification of opportunities for process improvement. Assist sales management in understanding and resolving process bottlenecks and inconsistencies towards operational excellence.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or commensurate experience
- 5-7 years of previous sales operations and/or finance experience or equivalent
- Deep experience in routes to market via cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office Suite. Advanced level Excel skills preferred
- Experience with salesforce.com required
- Ability to take initiative, work flexibly, and set priorities with minimal direct supervision
- Strong analytical skills, disciplined attention to detail, highly organized and thorough
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.