Junior Solutions Engineer
Paris, France /
Sales – Solutions Engineering /
Did you always want to be part of an exciting Silicon Valley startup developing new technology? Are you passionate about solving difficult problems and creating new features for some of the industry's biggest names? Would you like your contribution to be visible to the world? Couchbase, one of the NoSQL industry leaders, is looking for the Solutions Engineers of the future. If you want to be part of the big-data revolution we may just have what you are looking for...
- As part of our Solutions Engineering (SE) team you will be joining us on a journey to gain the skills necessary to become a fully empowered and enabled field Solutions Engineer.
- Year 1 focus:
- Work with various team Mentors throughout the year.
- Learn the consultative selling approach to identify the customer challenges and how to address them.
- Become an expert in our Database Technology.
- Assist in developing and running Demos and Proof Of Concepts (POCs) with our customers alongside our sales and Field SE teams.
- Develop tools and processes to help our SEs and Professional Services Delivery in their daily tasks.
- Significant exposure to Cloud platforms (namely Azure, AWS and Google Cloud).
- Attending marketing events and shows.
- Year 2 focus:
- This is the year where you will get exposure to the life of a filed based Solutions Engineer and hone your skills in front of the customers and ultimately running the technical sales cycle from start to finish.
- There will be the opportunity to travel the EMEA region and undertake work rotations with different sales teams and our Professional Services teams
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- 2 + years programming experience in Java to a commercial/business value level (also willing to consider skills in .NET, C, C++, Go, Node.js, PHP, Python, Scala).
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues and solving problems.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS).
- Linux experience as a development platform and basic administration.
- Awareness of Open Source software development practices.
- Solid communicator, able to convey deep technical concepts in a simple and concise manner.
- Outgoing personality and confident in talking to people with differing backgrounds (Developers, Architects, Database Admins)
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to speak French and English
- Experience tackling performance sensitive, multi-threaded problems.
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases a big plus.
- Track record of Open Source contributions ideal.
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.