Sr Software Engineer- Full Text Search (FTS)
Remote - US /
R&D – Engineering - Core Dev /
As a Lead Software Engineer in our Full Text Search (FTS) team, you will design and implement cutting-edge features and enhancements to our FTS. You will be part of a team working on the Couchbase full text search engine, which includes language analysis, storage, distributed systems, performance, and N1QL.
You’ll work with Go primarily, but your expertise in Java or C++ is just as important. You will bring server/systems tech expertise to the team and a growth mindset.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed search, query, storage replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
- 7+ years experience producing enterprise level distributed software systems
- 3+ years Go, C++ or Java.
- Advanced knowledge in data structures, algorithms and concurrent programming.
- Possess hands-on expertise in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices.
Nice to have (But not required)
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems or Recommendation Systems is a plus.
Couchbase, The Modern Database for Enterprise Applications.
Build fast. Scale big. Save more.
Our enterprise-class NoSQL cloud database platform was architected to create a seamless transition from legacy RDBMS systems to an ultra-fast, ultra-scalable modern data platform.
Remote First - Work in one of our offices in Santa Clara, Austin, San Francisco, Manchester (UK), London, Paris, Bangalore or leave your PJ’s on and work full time remote out by the ocean, you decide.
As a forward looking, family first company, we focus on our team’s success and wellbeing. As an example of this commitment we offer unlimited vacation, take time off when you want, really. In fact we are rated #1.
What have LinkedIn, PayPal, GE, Disney, eBay, United Airlines, Comcast, Verizon, Cisco and many other marquee companies got in common? Answer - Couchbase
If you booked a trip online chances are it was done through a Couchbase platform.
We encourage you to explore what has made Couchbase so successful and help us transition the multi $B legacy database industry to a modern database designed for enterprises.
Talk to us, we have something exceptional happening here at Couchbase and we love to brag!