Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Santa Clara, California /
Finance – Accounting /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tacking new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest and most talented people in the industry.
We're looking for energetic and talented individual to join our growing team as a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant. This is a key position that will assist in the SEC reporting process, preparation of cash flows, and EPS calculations. In addition, you will work with the Director, Financial Reporting to prepare accounting memos and analyses to address technical accounting issues arising from business transactions or the implementation of new accounting pronouncements. You will work with the broader Finance organization as well as Legal, Stock Administration and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Assist in the preparation of potential future SEC filings, including a potential S-1, 10-K, 10-Qs, and other SEC filings (including the preparation of financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, and relevant disclosure and SEC checklists; maintaining supporting schedules and documentation; assisting with the review of XBRL tagging)
- Review earnings release and other public facing documents and participate in development and validation of key metrics and investor decks
- Prepare quarterly financial statements, including statement of cash flows, shareholders’ equity, and EPS calculations
- Assist with research, assessment, and implementation of complex accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements, especially as they related to the impact on the operational and/or financial performance of the company and disclosure requirements
- Assist with development and management of accounting (GAAP & non-GAAP) policies, including identifying, analyzing, and applying technical guidance and documenting accounting memos
- Work with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters, quarterly reviews, SOX testing, and annual audits
- Assist in the Company’s SOX compliance efforts in connection with the financial reporting process
- Partner closely with the international accounting team to assist with statutory audits
- Coordinate with Legal, Accounting and others on periodic and ad hoc financial reporting requests
- Perform industry benchmark studies, develop and prepare recommendations
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance (CPA license required)
- 4+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial statement preparation
- Systems experience using NetSuite, Workiva, and Equity Edge Online
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with management and others in the company and to take ownership of projects and deadlines, and hold others accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- A proactive approach to problem identification and remediation solutions, and be a self-starter overall
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.