Manchester, UK /
R&D – Core Engineering /
We are looking for a UI engineer to join our UI team working on our core product, Couchbase Server, the leading distributed NoSQL database. As a UI engineer, your job will be to build, evolve and maintain the user interface for Couchbase Server and for related products.
We're looking for someone who:
- Is a capable and quick programmer
- Has experience with single-page UI applications in modern client-side frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue.js
- Loves building usable interfaces and learning news skills, languages and frameworks
- Likes being part of a healthy team with fun people working on worthy challenges
- Has a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or other technical disciplines or equivalent experience.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Use your technical skills, understanding of the problem domain and of how users think to build usable, elegant interfaces
- Collaborate with your UI team members, other Couchbase engineers and Product Management to build out the vision for user interface and developer productivity.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.