Sr Software Engineer- distributed server infrastructure
Remote - US /
R&D – Engineering - Core Dev /
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Distributed Systems team, you will design and implement cutting-edge distributed, scale-out data infrastructure software systems. You will be part of the Core engineering team developing distributed caching, distributed key-value and document data stores, data replication & conflict resolution, scale-out fault tolerance and data-layer reliability.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors.
- Create enterprise level distributed server infrastructure for mission-critical OLTP
- Define product requirements and architecture
- Research and develop algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Hands on experience designing scale out infrastructure
- 8+ years software development experience with any one of the following Golang, C/C++, or Java.
- Extensive experience designing distributed systems infrastructure
- Couchbase, the world’s most complete, most scalable and best performing NoSQL database. Couchbase Server is designed from a simple yet bold vision: build the first and best, general-purpose NoSQL database. That goal has resulted in an industry leading solution that includes a shared nothing architecture, a single node-type, a built in caching layer, true auto-sharding and the world’s first NoSQL mobile offering.
- Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Couchbase, The Modern Database for Enterprise Applications.
Build fast. Scale big. Save more.
Our enterprise-class NoSQL cloud database platform was architected to create a seamless transition from legacy RDBMS systems to an ultra-fast, ultra-scalable modern data platform.
Remote First - Work in one of our offices in Santa Clara, Austin, San Francisco, Manchester (UK), London, Paris, Bangalore or leave your PJ’s on and work full time remote out by the ocean, you decide.
As a forward looking, family first company, we focus on our team’s success and wellbeing. As an example of this commitment we offer unlimited vacation, take time off when you want, really. In fact we are rated #1.
What have LinkedIn, PayPal, GE, Disney, eBay, United Airlines, Comcast, Verizon, Cisco and many other marquee companies got in common? Answer - Couchbase
If you booked a trip online chances are it was done through a Couchbase platform.
We encourage you to explore what has made Couchbase so successful and help us transition the multi $B legacy database industry to a modern database designed for enterprises.
Talk to us, we have something exceptional happening here at Couchbase and we love to brag!