Inside Sales Representative
Austin, Texas /
Sales – Inside Sales /
As an Inside Sales Representative, you will be selling our leading NoSQL database to mid-market organizations in the US. You will be part of a sales team that has established Couchbase as the first Engagement Database in the world. This is a remote position based in Austin, TX.
You’ll be responsible for generating & closing new opportunities in the (territory) area selling the value of our product and services offerings, in addition to managing existing customers to help them upgrade or expand their current CB deployment where possible.
- Drive business from initial customer engagement to close meeting or exceeding quarterly, and annual bookings objectives
- Prospect for potential customers using various direct and indirect methods
- Uncover opportunity at existing accounts and establish new accounts to develop sales pipeline
- Interface with technical staff where required to address customer requirements
- Maintain pipeline in salesforce.com CRM system, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Develop and maintain territory plans
- Conduct online presentation of the company and product line
- Conduct online high-level demonstration of CB Server, CB Cloud, services, training, etc.
- Maintain daily activities in salesforce.com CRM system, tracking interactions with prospects and customers
- Manage opportunities and forecast
- Success at enterprise software sales selling IT/web infrastructure and managing key strategic relationships
- High-tech background; database and/or open-source software experience
- Experience successfully selling into technical user base
- Experience selling enterprise subscription software licenses
- Knowledge of navigating business organization structures, buying influences and purchasing processes
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+years Sales/Lead Generation experience with at least 2 years in a closing role
- Demonstrated success navigating complex sales cycles and closing deals
- Superb relationship building skills and ability to show value to clients
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be an outstanding team player
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn and become productive extremely fast
- We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.