Product Marketing Manager
Remote - US /
Marketing – Marketing /
The Couchbase Product Marketing Manager will be an outward facing champion of Couchbase.
This individual will be responsible for a range of outbound marketing activities focused on articulating both the technologic and business value of products and services in order to increase its adoption in an extremely competitive marketplace. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The role requires strong technical, analytic, writing and communication skills.
- Candidates must be able to assimilate new concepts and technology quickly and articulate its advantages and business value concisely.
- Candidates should have real-world experience with enterprise databases, cloud architectures, application development, analytics, business intelligence or other market-defining technologies (IoT, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.). This is a high profile role that requires frequent interaction with sales, customers, engineering, and Couchbase executives.
- This position reports to the Vice President of Product & Solutions Marketing who is located at Couchbase corporate headquarters in Santa Clara, CA. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- Creation of strategic sales tools including presentations, demonstrations and competitive product positioning for use by Couchbase’s direct sales force and partners.
- Creating product collateral, evaluation guides, and white papers and blogs about relevant technology and business issues for the Couchbase community of developers, architects, dev-ops, business stakeholders and users.
- Developing cost effective lead generation campaign programs including messaging, long-form content, follow-up tactics, and promotions.
- Launching new products to sales, marketing, customers, prospects, press and analysts.
- Researching industry segments, use cases and business functions where Couchbase technology can have significant impact.
- Coordinating and communicating customer-focused Go-To-Market needs with product management, engineering, developer advocacy, documentation and services groups.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in applicable database, computer science or networking disciplines or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of enterprise software industry business experience, ideally in marketing, pre-sales, engineering or product management.
- Experience working in the evolving technical markets such as NoSQL or big data analytics are a significant plus.
- Experience in technical sales or business development is a significant plus.
- Experience using relational databases, NoSQL databases, Linux and windows operating systems and cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP) is preferred.
- Ability to present technical concepts and examples to a varied audience.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities across departments and functions as applied to product launch activities.
- Demonstrated ability with core product marketing skills in product messaging, positioning and competitive differentiation.
- Self-starter with abundant initiative.
- Experience in software product management is a plus
- Web publishing experience is a plus
- Some travel required
The ideal candidate will be a creatively thinking former IT or database programmer with sales, marketing or product management experience who wants to work in a fast paced market-making environment and organization.
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.