Regional Director, Sales - North Central
Chicago, Illinois /
Sales – Sales Management /
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales - East, the Director, Sales - North Central will be tasked to manage and scale a team of high performing Enterprise Sales Representatives selling to enterprise and strategic accounts in the North Central Region (IL, MN, MI).
Experience hiring, enabling, developing and managing a team focused on acquiring new business across all verticals will be essential for success in this role.
- Determines revenue plans by implementing sales and marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results of industry.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly booking streams
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for Enterprise Sales Representatives and territories; projecting expected sales volume for existing and new products
- Implements sales programs by developing sales action plans
- Provides tactical and strategic territory, account, and opportunity leadership to the team
- Maintains professional, technical and industry knowledge by attending events; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Track and analyze incoming leads
- Maintain sales volume by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Lead from the front, confront issues as they arise and manage a high performing sales team to success
- Ability to design, shape, and drive go-to-market strategies in the enterprise software space
- Ability to understand business flow and articulate software benefits stream to prove out a return on investment
- Experience working for a growing company
- Demonstrated success in cross-organizational collaboration and matrix management
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience. 5+ years of sales management experience within the technology industry and in a high growth environment
- Proven track record of success in a similar role (Regional Manager or Director) at a multi-product software company with domain experience within the Database, Big Data or Development Tools space
- Negotiation skills and the ability to positively influence a prospect from cold call to close
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills, quantitative analytical abilities, and superior communication skills
- A track record of directly leading, managing, and mentoring a high-performing sales team
- Ability to develop and execute strategies for growth and operational excellence
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.