Software Engineer - Golang! 🇬🇧
Manchester, UK /
R&D – Cloud Platform /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Software Engineer responsible for building and managing cloud-native applications across multiple clouds. In this role, you will develop, implement, and operate Couchbase's Cloud products. If you have experience developing applications using Go programming language (or willingness to learn) along with experience with either the three major cloud platforms- AWS, Azure, GCP, we'd love to have you apply.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to build and shipped a material contribution such as a new feature, regularly contributed to code reviews, and fixed a few bugs.
*In 6 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team and taken on independent code review responsibilities that help prevent bugs that are collaborating on the design of new features.
*In 12 months time- you'll have delivered tasks throughout the SDLC, from design through development with some guidance and have established a cadence of on-time deliver with high quality work.
This role is also open to remote work (USA, UK, India) as our teams are globally distributed. We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, document, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Build and expand our APIs and services, written in Go
- Collaborate with other engineers across the stack to deliver delightful user experiences
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and improve system security, stability, reliability, and performance
- Define and implement SLIs and monitor and improve SLOs
- Write various kinds of tests including unit and integration tests
- Smartly instrument software using techniques such as distributed tracing and logging
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Document systems, build runbooks, and automate those processes
- Key technologies this role will employ: Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Thanos, Terraform, Vault, Couchbase Server, Datadog
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions within complex systems
- You desire to write software that is sympathetic to the humans who will maintain it
- You love to write Go, more Go, and then a little more Go
- You enjoy giving and receiving code reviews
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- Value clear, open communication
- We value thoughtful feedback and regular dialogue and collaboration as a fundamental skill for our team members
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.