Principal Software Engineer - Storage
Bangalore, India /
R&D – Core Engineering /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer - Storage, you will design and implement cutting-edge distributed, scale-out data infrastructure software systems, which is a pillar for the growing cloud infrastructure. At the same time, you will bring Unix/Linux systems and server tech kung-fu to the team. You will be part of a development team working on hard problems in a number of areas, including distributed caching, key-value and document data stores, scale-out fault tolerance and data layer reliability. You’ll work with C/C++, Java, and Go.
- Develop the next generation database storage engine that provides high scalability and performance and is highly optimized for Solid-State Drives
- Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests
- Participate in requirements, architecture, and design specification reviews
- Design and implement key server modules and networking protocol dispatch layers
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Work with peers in an agile development environment
- 10+ years of commercial or open source software experience
- Expert level proficiency in C/C++, Java or Go
- Development experience in database caching / storage systems
- Experience using various tools such as git, cmake, or gnu toolchains (like gcc, autotools, automake)
- Built high-performance distributed networked server systems that run cross-platform on Windows/Linux and POSIX infrastructure
- Experience with packaged, downloadable software
- Solid experience with software development lifecycles
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast; strive for challenges with a do-what-ever-it-takes mentality
- Excellent analytical skills and fanatical attention to detail
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.