Cloud Support Engineer
Bangalore, India /
R&D – Cloud Platform /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
The Cloud Support Engineer will have the primary accountability of designing, implementing and operating Couchbase’s Cloud platforms. The team operates with a “run what you write” philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write. A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language, previous work in SaaS application development and operations. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain applications.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure and configuration of SaaS applications with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud-based platforms) that supports the different platform services.
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, Datadog, New Relic and other similar tools.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Integrate different components and develop new services with a focus on open source to allow a minimal friction developer interaction with the platform and application services.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network, and application.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity, and establish the appropriate scalability plans
- Troubleshoot and solve customer issues on production deployments
- Ensure that SLAs are met in executing operational tasks
- Collaborate with other engineers to implement operational solutions while defining, adhering to industry best practices.
- Experience in Building and managing Virtualized systems (KVM, OVM, Containers/Docker) and ability to read and understand source code
- Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Conduct periodic on-call duties
- Working knowledge of information security issues
- Firm grasp of at least one modern programming language, beyond advanced scripting (Shell, Perl, Python)
- Solid experience using configuration management frameworks (e.g. Chef, Puppet)
- Working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Experience writing automation tools & eagerness to "automate all the things"
- 5+ years related professional experience
- Strong experience with Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ELK stack.
- Experience with Prometheus/Grafana for metrics aggregation/visualization.
- Configuration of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience using Kubernetes.
- Experience with automation tools/platforms.
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Terraform is a plus.
- Experience working in a highly distributed company is a plus.
- Experience writing backend applications is not required but definitely a plus.
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum SDLC.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -8
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.