Sr UX Designer
Remote - UK /
R&D – Engineering - Cloud Dev /
You are a UX Designer creating simple, compelling experiences that delight users and result in increased revenue, customer satisfaction, and adoption through improved user experiences. You enjoy delighting users, simplifying complex workflows, advocating for UX and accessibility, and communicating designs and their nuances to engineers and stakeholders.
The two current pressing needs our team has in terms of UX Designer skills is in the database and business marketing/business results space. We want to improve conversion through the 'sign up, try, buy' workflow. Your ability to simply translate the 'why care' message to the customer and help customers to understand how Couchbase database works will be important. If you are a UX Designer with either prior database domain experience or business marketing/business results/digital education/visual marketing experience, we want to talk with you!
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to design and build a material contribution such as a new feature and have become fully versed in Couchbase Server and Cloud products and understand these offerings completely.
*In 6 months time- you'll understand and be able to design the needs of stakeholders and effectively collaborate with and communicate designs and their nuance to engineering to develop a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners.
*In 12 months time- you'll own the end-to-end user experience and deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development and maintain an established cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Define and implement the user experience for Couchbase Cloud products
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Partner with product managers, engineers, content authors, and others to oversee the user experience of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Evaluate our current products and recommend improvements
- Effectively communicate expectations for interactive designs with many possible states and manifestations
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, information architecture, and sitemaps
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs to solve customer needs
- Conduct user surveys, usability tests, and gather feedback
- Perform A/B testing to improve effectiveness
- Maintain and evolve style guide
- Validate developed features and enhancements
- 3 years of experience designing delightful SaaS or similar products
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss user interactions within complex systems, databases, and cloud product offerings
- You love to design and build delightful and accessible user experiences using web technologies
- Are great at what you do and want to work with peers who challenge you
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
Couchbase, The Modern Database for Enterprise Applications.
Build fast. Scale big. Save more.
Our enterprise-class NoSQL cloud database platform was architected to create a seamless transition from legacy RDBMS systems to an ultra-fast, ultra-scalable modern data platform.
Remote First - Work in one of our offices in Santa Clara, Austin, San Francisco, Manchester (UK), London, Paris, Bangalore or leave your PJ’s on and work full time remote out by the ocean, you decide.
As a forward looking, family first company, we focus on our team’s success and wellbeing. As an example of this commitment we offer unlimited vacation, take time off when you want, really. In fact we are rated #1.
What have LinkedIn, PayPal, GE, Disney, eBay, United Airlines, Comcast, Verizon, Cisco and many other marquee companies got in common? Answer - Couchbase
If you booked a trip online chances are it was done through a Couchbase platform.
We encourage you to explore what has made Couchbase so successful and help us transition the multi $B legacy database industry to a modern database designed for enterprises.
Talk to us, we have something exceptional happening here at Couchbase and we love to brag!