Senior Partner Marketing Manager
Santa Clara, California /
Marketing – Partner Marketing /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Partner Marketing Manager to join and support the Americas Field Marketing organization at Couchbase while playing a vital role in our global sales & marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Field & Partner Marketing, the right candidate will be a seasoned team player with excellent cross-functional skills, a deep understanding of, and practical experience, executing successful (Cloud -AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM/Red Hat [along with our tech ecosystem partners]) marketing campaigns to rapidly grow our partner business. This position will be responsible for managing our partner campaigns and program strategy, along with regional partner events assistance and partner operations management to support our Business Development and sales teams. This individual will be an excellent communicator and relationship-builder, collaborate well with marketing, sales and partners, and have an outstanding track record in achieving results.
- Marketing Programs – Develop, execute and measure end-to-end integrated co-marketing partner campaigns in collaboration with global cross-functional teams including Field Marketing, Demand Generation/Content Marketing, Product Marketing and Partner teams across both Couchbase and our strategic partners
- Collaborate with partners on the creation of joint value propositions and drive the internal and external go-to-market strategy and execution
- Collaborate with strategic partners on the creation of new content from blogs, newsletters, digital campaigns, etc.
- Sponsorship - Drive the sponsorship process for securing partners and contract fulfillment of all regional Couchbase user conferences, roadshows and virtual events
- Partner Relations – Develop relationships across our partner teams to ensure we are positioned to access, leverage and execute marketing programs
- Metrics – Analyze market and company data alongside partner strategies to define opportunities, audiences, objectives, threats, and priorities
- Budget - Own and manage partner marketing program budget, including partner billing, expense forecasting and contribute to the value analysis for each major campaign executed. Responsible for managing partner MDF and credits alongside global marketing teams
- Communications - Own communications and marketing to and through our partners. This includes targeted communications at key partners and regular quarterly webinars and newsletters. In addition, own communications internally around partner activities via regular quarterly updates
- Program - Own the Couchbase partner program (PartnerEngage) content and collateral
- Website - Work with the Couchbase product marketing and web team to regularly update our Partner page and partner microsites
- Enablement - Work with the partner team, enablement, and product marketing to build enablement and accreditation content for our partners
- Proven ability to execute strategic partner programs to drive to pipeline targets.
- Strategic thinker that can create and implement plans to meet regional goals.
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with partners, customers and all levels of management within the organization.
- Proven experience in partner strategy and executing complex programs and events.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 6-8 years of Cloud/partner marketing management experience.
- Driven and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, pivot and problem-solve
- Excels in a cross-functional environment and proven project management skills
- Proven experience navigating and excelling in strategic and technology partner ecosystems
- Communicate the value proposition of the company, able to create original content, edit existing content, etc
- Experience with designing and executing multi-touch marketing and nurture campaigns
- Ability to travel 20% or more.
- Co-Marketing (GTM, marketplaces, co-branded assets, demand generation) (60%)
- Communications (15%)
- Enablement (15%)
- Program (10%)
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.