Marketing Data Operations Manager
Santa Clara, California /
Marketing – Product & Solutions Marketing /
We are looking for a Technical Data Analyst and Program Manager to build out our extended data collection and performance analysis activities. Your job will be to gather and analyze large amounts of raw information from both internal and external sources such as Salesforce, AWS, StackOverflow, Couchbase, GitHub, Google Analytics or custom APIs. You will establish routine reporting and analysis derived from that data, evaluating the trends of our KPI’s such that we remain informed as we evolve our objectives. We will rely on you to extract valuable business insights from this work as well as lead cross-functional projects and discussions as program manager for teams that are influenced by this information.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a background in analysis, math and statistics. You should be time and results driven. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting your data and understanding its relevance across the business. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Experience with cloud technologies and “big data” systems is highly desirable.
Your goal will be to help our company’s key go-to-market teams analyze trends that steer our short and long-term objectives. These objectives include, growing the software developer community, and increasing adoption of all Couchbase products including open source, cloud and mobile product lines.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes from them.
- Preprocess both structured and unstructured data and wrangle it into usefulness.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms and continuously improve our models.
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to address business challenges that are revealed during analysis
- Collaborate with sales, engineering, developer advocacy, product development and marketing team members, recognizing that each constituent holds differing opinions about the importance of the data.
- Drive cross-functional meetings and tiger-teams who depend on constant review and iteration of the teams’ KPIs.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist or Data Analyst with both query language and programming/scripting skills
- Experience in data mining and understanding of ML and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL, SQL++, or other query languages, REST APIs and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Spark), data warehouses (Redshift/Snowflake) and data integration tools
- NoSQL database experience a significant plus (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis, etc…)
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra), analytical mindset and business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Unlike other NoSQL databases, Couchbase provides an enterprise-class, multicloud to edge database that offers the robust capabilities required for business-critical applications on a highly scalable and available platform. Couchbase is built on open standards, combining the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, to simplify the transition from mainframe and relational databases.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is dedicated to pursuing, hiring and developing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.