Frontend Engineer - Cloud ☁️🇬🇧
Remote, UK /
R&D – Cloud Platform /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a Frontend Engineer who crafts delightful web interfaces, designs, prototypes new and innovative experiences, and implements features while advocating for UX.
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to build and have shipped a material contribution such as a new feature, regularly contributed to code reviews, and fixed a new bugs.
*In 6 months time- you'll have earned the trust of the team and have taken on independent code review responsibilities while collaborating on the design of new features.
*In 12 months time- you'll have delivered tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development with some guidance and have established a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
This role is also open to remote work (USA, UK, India & Canada) as our teams are globally distributed. We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborate with product managers and backend engineers to own, build, iterate, and ship new features to enhance the cloud products user experience
- Collaborate with frontend engineers across teams to collaborate on design decisions and standardize methodologies
- Write various kinds of tests including unit and Cypress integration tests
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Program mostly in TypeScript, and learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skills
- Key technologies this role will employ: TypeScript, React, Redux, CSS and CSS-in-JS, Cypress, Functional Programming, Go (Golang), Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP, Grafana, Prometheus, Alert Manager, Thanos, Terraform, Vault, Couchbase Server, Datadog
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions within complex systems
- You love to build delightful and accessible user experiences using web technologies
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.