Principal Software Engineer - Global Secondary Index
Bangalore, India /
R&D – Core Engineering /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
As a Principal Software Engineer in our GSI (Global Secondary Indexing) team, your job will be to design and implement cutting-edge distributed, scale-out data infrastructure software systems. You will be part of a team working on hard problems, including distributed caching, distributed key-value and document data stores, data replication & conflict resolution, scale-out fault tolerance and data-layer reliability. You’ll work with Erlang, Golang, C/C++ and possibly a few other languages thrown in for good measure. You will probably bring Unix systems and server tech kung-fu to the team.
Like open source? So do we: Couchbase and its engineers are active open source contributors for Couchbase, memcached, and other projects.
- Create the world’s best distributed server infrastructure which companies will rely on for mission-critical OLTP needs
- Discuss and debate with your peers as you help figure out product requirements and the architectural approach to getting things built
- Design and implement needle-mover features with simplicity, elegance and economy
- Research industry and academic leading-edge algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability and scalability
- Think quality; think leverage. Develop high-quality software and use unit, component, and end-to-end automation tests so we know we have high-quality software
- Be agile
- You’re a self-motivated, independent, and high-performance person. You learn quickly and you enjoy worthy challenges
- You have 4+ years of commercial or open source software experience (prefer experience with packaged, downloadable software)
- You can hack in C, C++ but you also like the intoxicating power of working in higher-level languages like Erlang & Go.
- You know lower level stack and are proficient in systems programming.
- You think distributed systems problems are cool
- You’re a good communicator and an excellent team mate
- You like working in organizations that strive to have a good balance between doing it right and moving quickly
- We're doing some exciting work and we try to have fun while we're at it. Reach out to us - we'd love to hear from you!
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.