Partner Architect - North America
Remote - US /
Sales – Solutions Architecture /
Couchbase works with the world’s biggest enterprise customers focused on transforming their organizations to take advantage of the digital economy. The list includes Amadeus, Cisco, Comcast, Domino’s, LinkedIn, Marriott, Tesco and many others. You can learn more here: www.couchbase.com/customers.
After our successful IPO on the Nasdaq in 2021, and the massive market opportunity ahead of us, the world is taking notice. Couchbase recently debuted on Gartner’s 2021 Magic Quadrant for Cloud Database Management Systems, following 2019’s designation as a leader in Forrester’s Big Data NoSQL Forrester Wave. However, it’s not just about being The Modern Database for Enterprise Applications, Couchbase aspires to be a values-driven, world-class company where our people thrive and do some of the most impactful work of their careers. See why our employees voted us a Best Place to Work in 2021.
To support our company’s growth objectives, we are adding a Partner Architect-NA, to our Business Development team, focusing on our cloud and technology ecosystem partnerships with a particular focus on developing and documenting technical solutions with the 1st party services offered by our public cloud partners (AWS, GCP and Azure.)
Couchbase’s Business Development organization manages all partner and channel relationships for the Company, including public cloud and technology ecosystem partners, as well as Global and Regional SIs, Consultancies and VARs that often depend on solution reference architectures, demos and best practices documentation to achieve success for their customers. In particular, the Partner Architect - NA, will work as part of a cross-functional team to evangelize, enable, develop and document joint solutions with our cloud partners. This serves the goal of supporting customer adoption of Couchbase Capella and our Server and Mobile offerings running on “Cloud-first”, and supporting both sourced and influenced Couchbase bookings derived from our global cloud partnerships.
This position will support our in-field business development and sales teams through the development and validation of solutions across a number of technical solution patterns including, Cloud Native Application Development, Application Modernization and Migration, Cloud Migration, and Modern Database deployments for Mobile/IoT and “Edge” Data, as well as complex Data Integration, Modeling, Governance and Cataloging in support of Master Data Management initiatives. Vertical-specific solutions are another exciting and emerging opportunity for Couchbase and its public cloud partners.
- Serve as the primary / initial technical interface at Couchbase in support of our AWS, Azure, and GCP partnerships. This role will take the lead on solutioning and documentation (including blogs) to satisfy various cloud partner go-to-market programs, competencies and initiatives, often working with their Cloud partner architect counterpart.
- Become a trusted technical go-to expert within Couchbase sales and field engineering as it relates to the various (and relevant) 1st party services offerings from our cloud partners
- Leverage your full-stack development expertise to create solution patterns and deployment guides that appeal to and support enterprise developers and architect personas to drive customer trials and adoption
- Influence and educate Cloud partner architects and ISV partner sales teams at AWS, GCP and Azure about the technical benefits associated with Couchbase projects running on partner cloud infrastructure.
- Develop solution demos and documentation that can be leveraged globally in support of field/customer-facing workshops executed in tandem with Cloud partners
- Evangelize end customer success and business outcomes driven by joint solutions delivered by Cloud partners and Couchbase; submit CFPs and be visible as a key subject matter expert at Partner events Support and facilitate the execution of Cloud partner campaigns, demand generation activities and other regional initiatives led by other team members
- Support Couchbase’s technology self-certification program for integrations that are non-core and supported by partners only
- Align with Couchbase Developer Community Relations, Couchbase Education and Field Engineering to drive Couchbase competency through Cloud partner channels.
- Support Business Development team’s achievement of sourced and influenced Couchbase bookings goals, and help build sales pipeline
- 7+ years experience in partner architecture, pre-sales technical consulting, or related technical sales experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated cloud architecture expertise with any relevant certifications and accreditations preferred. Knowledge of Public Cloud NoSQL offerings like DynamoDB and CosmosDB is useful
- Demonstrated interest in “Database as Code” automation concepts including Cloud DBaaS sizing, deployment, architectural and operational best practice expertise is highly desired
- Experience in both traditional RDBMS and NoSQL databases. Direct experience with Couchbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike, Redis, and/or Hadoop is preferred, but not a requirement
- Enterprise software ecosystem tooling familiarity and awareness of related 1st party cloud offerings across several areas, including, IDEs and Developer Frameworks and Tools, Data Pipeline tools, e.g. ETL batch/Data Streaming/Sync/Change Data Capture, Application Security and Access Control, Application Monitoring, BI/AI tools, among others.
- Possess a portfolio of blogs, demos, videos and github artifacts
- Clear and persuasive written and verbal communication skills with an ability to concisely present complex solutions in both 1:1 and 1:many/large group settings
- Self-starter with the energy and focus required to quickly scale, but also comfortable with building and using processes and project management best practices for job and organizational effectiveness
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the emerging trends in the Data and Cloud ecosystems. Organized and analytical, able to thrive under pressure with outstanding time management skills
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.