Senior Product Manager - Billing & Monetization (Remote)
Remote - US /
Product Management – Product Management /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Are you looking to track down and tackle mission-critical problems head on? Then we’re looking for you. This is your chance to disrupt a multi-billion-dollar industry, change how the world accesses information, and reinvent the way businesses deliver amazing customer experiences.
Couchbase is seeking a Senior Product Manager to take on a key role in our products organization focused on SaaS billing and monetization.
Location: This is a remote role with preferred candidates based in the East US
Experience building SaaS applications/products is highly desirable
- Own strategy and vision for billing and subscription management on Couchbase’s flagship cloud platform Capella.
- Develop a product roadmap that accomplishes business and customer goals and aligns with the team and company charter
- Design, implement, and champion end-to-end billing experiences across all stakeholders including capabilities to support various pricing models, billing types, receivables management, reporting, and billing-related analytics.
- Responsible for the end-to-end success of in-product billing and monetization features across the product.
- Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, marketing, product leadership, analytics, and business insight teams to drive the execution of business requirements
- Conduct analysis to surface insights, identify and shape new opportunities to improve the customer experience and reduce friction through the checkout journey, decrease support tickets and eliminate top user pain points
- Gain a deep understanding of our selling motions (PLG, sales-led, channel-led) and identify opportunities for growth and optimization at every stage of their lifecycle to drive new expansion and growth
- 4+ years in product management for a SaaS product(s) and have a deep understanding of SaaS and IaaS domains, ideally developer-targeted SaaS products
- Experience with subscription management or billing experience on a complex, scalable modern SaaS platform is ideal (from ordering, purchasing, and fulfillment to accounting).
- The ability to dive deeply into the technical understanding of how a product works.
- Ability to understand customer needs, build customer value, and highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing
- Experience in pricing, billing, marketplace integrations, and other business aspects of a SaaS platform
- Ability to identify related use cases and workflows and work with cross-functional teams on implementing them
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Experience or willingness to work in a distributed organization
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.