Senior Business Development Manager - East North America
Remote, USA /
Business Development – Business Development /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Couchbase is looking for a Senior Business Development/Partner Manager to successfully manage execution with our fast growing and exciting partner ecosystem in the U.S.A and Canada. As we expand our Business Development Team, this role is an exciting one for someone to join a team already working successfully with Cloud Partners, Global System Integrators, Regional SIs, Resellers and Technology Partners. Successful candidates will have experience working in a company selling infrastructure, database, middleware, data warehouse, data integration technology or big/fast data technologies. Experience with open source and SaaS or enterprise subscription software is also a key requirement. Familiarity with DevOps processes and Agile development a plus.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working closely with Partners and our Field to drive new revenue streams. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and will help define and build the partner model at Couchbase.
Location: Remote role covering East North America (Florida to Eastern Canada). Must be willing to travel when conditions permit. Proximity to major airport hub is a plus. #LI-RemoteEUS
In collaboration with Sales, Sales Enablement and Marketing, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive revenue and engagement with partners in the Americas
- Handle contractual relationships with these partners
- Help accelerate our efforts to capture spend and market share with the major cloud providers, AWS, Microsoft and Google
- Enable the partners to deliver Couchbase products and services to Large Enterprise Customers
- Work closely with the Couchbase Sales teams
- Develop joint marketing activities (such as webinars, conferences, meetups, lunch-and-learns) with partners to build a pipeline
- Enable joint sales activities at the field level and work with the field sales team to close partner sourced and influenced deals
- Manage the partner relationships across all these activities
- 7+ years of demonstrably successful business development or partner management experience
- Build out a partner business within the U.S.A/Canada at some level in a small/medium growth stage company
- Experience working in a company selling applications, middleware, database, data warehouse, data integration technology or big/fast data technologies
- Experience with open source and enterprise subscription software is also highly desirable
- Experience of working with AWS, Azure, Google, Global Systems Integrators, Regional SIs, and Resellers
- Direct Sales Experience is a plus
- Strong project management skills with a focus on building new relationships. Ability to think strategically, develop tactics and execute.
- Languages required – English. Excellent writing and presentation skills required.
- Ability to influence and identify champions, both internally and externally
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.