Senior Accountant, Payroll
Bangalore, India /
Finance – Accounting /
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work the smartest, most people in the industry.
We're looking for energetic and talented individual to join our growing team as a Senior Accountant, Payroll. In this newly created role, you will be the subject matter expert on global payroll matters.
- Own end to end payroll for countries in Europe and Asia
- Serve as the primary contact to local payroll vendors in various countries.
- Ensure all payroll source data is provided to payroll providers every payroll cycle on time. Ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely including reviewing payroll registers and reports, coordinating funding with accounting and coordinating with global head of stock administration to ensure proper treatment of equity transactions. Perform off cycle pay runs when required.
- Assists in payroll general ledger accounts reconciliations
- Serve as primary contact for employees to address day-to-day enquiries and any discrepancies
- Effectively monitor and manager payroll tax compliance by country.
- Research and co-ordinate with various stakeholders including employees for payroll information matters.
- Coordinating with head of Americas Payroll and Human Resources, continuously evaluate, analyze and streamline payroll processes including automation. Assist with implementation of new global HR system.
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various stakeholders across the business including Human Resources in Europe and India, Accounting, Legal and Stock Administration.
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls
- Performs other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 8+ years in managing Payroll with minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in International Payroll (EMEA or APAC region).
- General Accounting Knowledge and payroll accounting
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sell-motivated and independent with a strong work ethic
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines, and hold others accountable to deadlines and deliverables
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.