Software Engineer, Bioinformatics
South San Francisco, CA
Research & Development
We are looking for software engineers to join the Bioinformatics team at Myriad Women's Health to help build the analytical pipeline responsible for delivering meaningful health impact to hundreds of thousands of patients a year.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a collaborative, multidisciplinary R&D environment as we build innovative solutions for bioinformatics software systems. They will have a scientific curiosity with eagerness to learn and explore new challenges since their work will enable breakthroughs in genomics.
What you'll do:
- Author innovative, robust, and high quality software systems
- Responsible for Myriad Women's Health core NGS products analytical pipeline from raw sequencing data to patient genotypes
- Translational development of scientific prototypes into production
- Build frameworks and practices to enable continuous integration for science
- Industry thought leadership with contributions to open source bioinformatics tools
- Build frameworks and applications to support simultaneously running projects at scale
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics with 2+ years industry experience or Ph.D. with relevant academic research
- Proven track record of developing innovative and high performance bioinformatics algorithms and analysis pipelines
- Proficient in scientific Python (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit learn, etc) and familiarity with C++ or Java
- Fluency with Linux, high-performance computing clusters, shell scripting, databases, and analysis pipelines. Bonus for background in cloud computing architecture
- Experience with (or eagerness to learn) modern NGS tools
- Previous experience in regulated clinical environment with rigorous design control and software validation a big plus
- Experience with large scale data science, statistical modeling, and machine learning a plus
Counsyl, Inc. (the “Company”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Myriad Genetics, Inc. doing business as Myriad Women’s Health, is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com.
Myriad is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. We believe that diversity lends a regional, national, and global advantage to the clients we serve. Our workforce consists of dynamic individuals, with a range of backgrounds, talents, and skills.