Lead Software Engineer
Ettenheim, Germany /
Development – Engineering - EMEA/APAC /
Through the power of trillions of dollars in business spend, Coupa’s mission is to unlock our customers' full potential to do well and do good, anchored in our shared belief that we are smarter together. Our customers, suppliers, and employees- our Coupanians- come together to co-create ideas and innovations that impact the power of spend.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the development of solutions for our Treasury platform.
Treasury in a nutshell: To spend you need to make a payment. To make a payment you need to have enough cash at the right time, in the right account, and in the right currency. Treasury is part of Coupa Pay, a fast-growing part of the Coupa solution.
At a business level, together with product management you will change the way our customers deal with financial challenges like having a reliable overview across all banks & accounts in one place, plan future financial needs and reconcile these with reality.
At a technical level we will jointly drive scaling our Business Spend Management platform as we expand and find the right balance between the power of a consolidated codebase and the flexibility of microservices. You will take on the responsibility of making sure we are building maintainable, extendable & performant software that scales across our customer base and equally important our engineering community. This gives you the opportunity to collaborate across products with engineers all over the company to shape central components used by many teams.
In more detail:
- We mainly work on C#, .Net 6 in combination with a TypeScript / React frontend
- We operate as SaaS solution on AWS
- We follow design principles such as SOLID, CQRS and DDD
- We utilize modern CI/CD pipeline, featuring Kubernetes, Jenkins and Octopus
- We apply peer reviews and pair programming
- We follow a typical release cycle where you will drive feature design, participate and guide implementation and take responsibility for delivery to the customer
At Coupa we also practice a culture of sharing, you will have various opportunities to share your ideas and hear from other teams how they solve their technical challenges. For example we regularly organize hack days in which we explore new ideas & technologies.
We are thrilled to see your ideas become reality in our products and processes.
To get more first hand impressions please check out the stories of Coupa employees in our Humans of Coupa section.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Software Engineer, with strong contributions in current and past roles. We need someone with:
- Mastery in an object oriented language (not necessarily C#)
- Excellent knowledge of large scale web applications/distributed systems.
- Critical thinking, continuously challenging how and why we do things to help us improve
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and in writing.
- Willingness to live our values: Ensure Customer Success, Focus on Results and Strive for Excellence
- Experience and willingness to coach & develop colleagues
Typical team members have a higher education degree in a STEM area. This is however not a hard requirement.
What can you expect when you join Coupa
During your onboarding you will:
- Have a buddy that will guide you on your onboarding journey
- Receive training on our products, processes and organization
- Learn our stack by diving into pair programming with the team
Once you are fully onboarded you will:
- Drive feature design and implementation in your team
- Participate in our community to evolve together
- Pursue your personal development journey as part of the Coupa family
Coupa has a modern office in Ettenheim in the heart of the black forest.
Our flexible policy enables you to work from home according to your and your team's needs.
The culture at Coupa is why! Coupa is certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser-focused on three core values: ensuring customer success with an obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful, focusing on results with a relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and having a bias for action, and striving for excellence with our commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
At Coupa, we have a solid and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today's dynamic businesses. We celebrate diversity and recognize its value to our customers and employees. Coupa is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and affirmative-action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.