Senior Software Engineer, Platform Engineering
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As a development group member, you will become part of the platform engineering team that designs and develops common services and platform components using .NET, C#, and GoLang. Following are key responsibilities:
- Design, code, and unit test platform and integration components
- Develop frameworks for standardizing and enabling data flows via APIs, files, microservices, and message queues.
- Evaluate new integration technologies for addition to our platform.
- Implement and maintain test harness and other tools
- Mentor wider team members about integration and platform engineering best practices and tools
- Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
- Design, code, and test software
- Work with the product and design teams to build new features to solve business problems and fill business needs.
- Participate in code reviews to create robust and maintainable code
- Communicate and coordinate with our support and professional services teams to solve customer issues
- Help scale our platform as we expand and find the right balance between the power of a consolidated codebase and the flexibility of microservices.
- As a platform engineer, you are a strong developer with solid technical experience. You have a well-founded analytical approach to finding good solutions, a strong sense of responsibility, and that you have good skills in communication and planning. You are proactive in your approach and a strong team player. Further, we expect that you have experience with cloud development and deployment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Your experience and qualifications include most of the skills and competencies listed below:
- Technical skills
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience.
- Love for designing and programming enterprise applications
- Proven experience with the .NET Core framework or C#, Go Lang, or leading programming languages
- Experience developing with containers, micro-services, and message queues
- Experience with building headless microservices in languages like Golang
- Dedication to delivering high-performance, secure and scalable services
- Experience with high traffic REST APIs or messaging environments
- Experience with modern MVC web framework, .NET or Go Lang preferred, Ruby is plus
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization technologies such as OAuth, OIDC
- Experience with developing SaaS products preferred. A minimum of one year’s hands-on experience working with AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud platforms
- MS SQL or MySQL development and general database knowledge, including performance and optimization
- Experience with software/systems architecture/infrastructure
- JS front-end experience will also be a plus
- Experience working with a wide variety of systems and integrating APIs from third-parties
- Solid knowledge of test-driven development and CI
- An active GitHub account
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
•Based in California: $136,000-$166,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.