Director, Technical Services
San Mateo, CA
Services – Professional Services
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Technology Leadership
- Work with CIOs and Enterprise Architecture Leadership at our customers to successfully position Coupa’s platform and Integration Model.
- Drive best practices on Integration architecture, design and development methodology within the team to ensure repeatable results.
- Conceptualize and Architect solutions with partners that can complement Coupa Platform.
- Team leadership
- Support, develop and coach the team for whom the successful candidate will be directly responsible.
- Develop career plans and goals for the team members staying close to their professional and personal aims.
- Establish framework for regular 1:1s and project reviews and ensure that ongoing project reporting is completed according to weekly and monthly requirements.
- Foster communication and collaboration amongst the team, not only in region but globally ensuring that there is the potential to share learnings and learn from others.
- Help drive growth and planning for the practice.
- Project Delivery
- Act as Senior Technology Leader in a to be determined, Americas, region.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in aligning on project assignments.
- Share relevant prior experiences with the partner, customers and colleagues.
- Provide proactive guidance and suggestions for improvements to partners where required as part of project delivery.
- Report internally on practice progress and manage stakeholders and escalations whether they be internal or external accordingly.
- Provide strong technical understanding of our product with the ability to discuss and demonstrate the full Coupa solution and its fit to a customer’s business need.
- Strong Enterprise Architecture, SaaS, Cloud – Cloud / Cloud – On-Premise Integration background.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of high performing individuals with the correct level of guidance, coaching and management as required.
- Ability to develop executive level relationships. Strong communication and negotiation skills required
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community, executive sponsors, and the customer team
- High energy team player with a bias for action
- Understand technology planning, implementation and impact on business
- Able to manage increasing levels of responsibilities, deadlines and customer / partner relationships
- Experiences in a similar consulting leadership field, ideally at Coupa or a certified partner.
- Strong communication skills at multiple levels within an organization.
- Capable of embracing the ideas of others (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer.
- Driven team player, collaborator, and relationship builder whose infectious can-do attitude inspires others and encourages great performance in a fast-moving environment.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and ad-hoc meetings.
- The successful candidate will display the following experience / history.
- 10+ years of experience in Enterprise Integration, Architecture, SaaS implementation either internally via an IT organization or externally with a consulting firm or software provider with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude to work that needs to get done as part of a high-growth company and all the dynamics involved.
- Driven individual with analytical approach and high degree of:
- Personal organization and motivation in a fast-paced and passionate environment.
- Strong customer and partner management skills able to hold a course despite challenging circumstances.
- Proactive stakeholder and escalation management.
- Proactivity towards problem resolution, focused on positive outcomes and rapid project to go-live deployments.
- Experience of eProcurement, AP and/or Expense Management is desired.
- Experience with Software as a Service is a plus as is any experience with financial accounting, customer management, and sales force automation software.
- Previous knowledge / senior consulting experience with the following technologies is a PLUS – TIBCO / Mulesoft / WebSphere / DELL Boomi / ORACLE Fusion etc.
- Previous senior consulting experience with the following applications and their integrations to ERP / Financial systems is a solid predictor of success: Ariba, Concur, NetSuite, Basware, OB10, Salesforce.com, Workday, Great Plains etc.
- Travel: up to 50% between base and customer site at busy periods during Project delivery, not regularly.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.