Analytics Engineer, Business Operations
Chicago, Illinois, United States /
G&A – Finance - Operations / FP&A /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Collaborate with business teams to understand their data and reporting requirements, design and improve data models, and define successful analytics outcomes.
- Define and design KPI based data sets that highlight critical areas for executives to focus on
- Work with Data Architects and Data Engineers to define back-end requirements for data products (aggregations, materialized views, tables, & transformations)
- Collect, manage, and convert raw data into useful, actionable information
- Design, own, and implement scalable algorithms to automate repetitive data transformation processes
- Review and optimize existing data models and analytics outputs (such as Tableau dashboards)
- Build long-term and robust solutions to surface critical data sourced from a vast and diverse collection of datasets
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to data products
- Establish and own process for code review and version control of underlying SQL scripts
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies
- 5+ years of full-time, professional work experience analyzing data using both SQL and programming languages (e.g., Python & R).
- 3+ years of experience in business and data analytics, with a proven record of hands-on experience providing insights to business owners.
- Experience in the SaaS industry a preferred
- Deep SQL-based experience required (nested data structure manipulation, query optimization, data partitioning techniques, etc.)
- Experience partnering with finance and other teams and familiarity with related business and finance concepts
- Strong understanding of data modeling and workflow management
- Exceptional knowledge and hands-on experience in working with Snowflake, AWS, or similar tools
- Extensive experience supporting insights to the business through data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire)
- Experience using code repositories (e.g., Github, Stash) is desirable. dbt and/or Alteryx experience is a plus
- Significant experience in conducting ETL/E-LT with large and complex datasets
- Proven track record of supplying analytics solutions for existing teams, with the ability to take open-ended goals and scope them into defined and impactful objectives
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.