Development – Engineering
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Our Uppsala team is a highly qualified engineering team that work with applying advanced Computer Science, including Optimization, Machine Learning, and modern UX technologies. In this role, you will be part of the team developing Coupa’s applications for Sourcing. With Coupa Sourcing and Coupa Sourcing optimization, we build the world’s most sophisticated application for e-sourcing. The responsibility may range from Machine Learning and Integer Programming to development of a modern UX.
- Design and develop object oriented solutions to implement complex Sourcing features in Ruby/Rails.
- Design and develop REST APIs for complex customer ERP integrations.
- Design and develop asynchronous processing workflows using Resque and Redis.
- Design and develop caching strategies using MemcacheD.
- Advocate Ruby on Rails best practices.
- Participate in code reviews, creating user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
- Implement unit and feature tests using Rspec and Capybara.
- Develop iteratively utilizing Git work flow and Agile development process to support continuous delivery.
- Work with the Product Team to develop function and technical design specifications and participate in design discussions.
- Work collaboratively with global engineering teams and cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- Provide support for customer escalations and production deployments by debugging, troubleshooting, and resolving application issues.
- Maintain and improve technical documentation and customer support training materials.
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Science & Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a related field and 3 years of experience as a Developer, Web Application Developer, Software Developer - Ruby on Rails, Software Engineer, or a related occupation required.
Experience with the following skills:
- Ruby on Rails
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management
processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to
attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as
well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive
health benefits for employees and their families, a flexible work environment…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.