Sales Enablement Manager / Director
San Mateo, CA
People Team – Coupa University
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The leader of Sales Enablement inspires a culture of employee engagement at Coupa by strategically designing, developing and implementing enablement programs for the company’s Sales organization. Through their oversight, the Leader of Sales Enablement will equip employees at every level for success from the moment of hire through current roles and responsibilities as well as prepare them for future growth. The Leader of Sales Enablement will work collaboratively with all departments to ensure enablement programs and initiatives support and align with Coupa's strategic vision and core values.
- Facilitates the delivery of enablement content in a classroom or virtual setting to build workforce knowledge, skills and abilities for sales employees
- Design, develop, deliver and facilitate training and performance support initiatives via blended learning solutions including virtual, instructor led and computer-based elearning
- Provide logistics and coordination of programs, make recommendations and develop policies and procedures
- Provide ongoing assessment of enablement needs and develop appropriate enablement plans and strategy
- Utilize measurement tools and feedback mechanisms to evaluate the effectiveness of existing and new enablement programs
- Manage and report enablement programs through learning management system and other supporting technology
- Collaborate with management and subject matter experts to identify priorities, objectives, content, and delivery of proposed enablement programs
- Conduct post delivery analysis and reporting to ensure that enablement programs fulfill behavioral, skill, and possibly revenue improvement objectives
- Assure the principles of adult learning, training, consulting, use of technology, and sound business practices are applied to training and development
- Develops learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and curriculum
- Network with training and organizational development professionals to inform curriculum development
- Serve as a business partner to the entire Coupa organization representing the voice of sales enablement
- Develop appropriate budget in coordination with Director of Enablement to support planned enablement initiatives
- In conjunction with our business owners, manage overall budget including engagement of outside suppliers; internal resource allocation, and expenses
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred
- Ideally, 3-5 years in a sales enablement/training role for a B2B SaaS company or similar
- At a minimum, 3-5 years of experience in a sales or sales related role
- Ability to influence cross-functionally and align stakeholders
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement strategic, long-term enablement programs and initiatives
- Passion for investing in people and seeing them grow and flourish
- Solid knowledge of training processes and techniques
- Solid knowledge of Sales processes and methodology
- Superior writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experience managing and working with LMSs, CMSs and production tools as well as the MS Office suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce and sales tools a plus
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.