Senior Software Engineer, Globalization
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
With a growing global reach, Coupa is making a substantial impact on the bottom line of organizations around the world. As part of the Development team, you will manage all aspects of internationalization and localization in our web and mobile applications. You will work alongside an agile, collaborative, and collegial team of accomplished software engineers, designers and business owners.
If you love working on internationalization challenges, are passionate about creating the best localized user experience, focused on design and coding of well-crafted enterprise software, and are a strong promoter of i18n and l10n best practices across teams, this may be an ideal opportunity for you. You will develop product globalization features in a flexible, collaborative environment, with a focus on results.
- Collaborate in Agile framework with Product Managers, Application Developers, Translators to iteratively add and maintain multi-language translations, multi-region formatting and locale-specific functionality across multiple Enterprise/Web and Mobile applications
- Implement methods and features related to Unicode, ICU, ISO, CLDR and other standard libraries and architecture for Internationalization (i18n) support in Rails, and provide related technical guidance for i18n development across other platforms.
- Develop Localization (l10n) features, string externalization, locale formatting capabilities for the main UI and to support other teams internationalization refinements for the UI, CSV’s, API, DB structure to handle multi-language, multi-region capabilities.
- Update and expand the scripting, configuration, error checking capabilities of our automated Continuous Translation (CT) pipeline, between the Translation Management System (TMS) and our Dev tools and teams.
- Scripting as needed to update and maintain integrity of resource files, while coordinating with translators to apply language quality improvements, and directly apply code-level fixes for i18n/l10n bugs from Support, Professional Services, Customers, Native Language Reviewers, etc.
- Update automated tests (eg. Cucumber, Selenium, Capybara, etc.) in build/integration system, and help maintain Quality tools (Resource file syntax checks, Pseudo Locale, etc), to validate and merge latest translation updates, and manage translation history in code repository
- Evangelize internationalization best practices across Dev teams
- 5-10 years experience in Internationalization code development or Localization text/string scripting/update role.
- Solid English skills, and preferably fluency in 2 or more Western European or East Asian foreign languages
- Knowledge of Internationalization, Localization, and Translation fundamental concepts, tools, libraries, hands-on technical/code implementation, as well as Linguistic and Cultural considerations for software
- Web development experience with a mainstream web framework such as Rails, .Net, Java, React JS, etc.
- Familiar with SQL, CSV, HTML, JSON, XML, .YML, .PROPERTIES, .STRING, .JS file usage, structure, syntax, character encoding for translation and localization use.
- Familiar with API automation of Translation Management Systems (TMS), Translation Memory (TM), Term Glossary tools such as Bureauworks, XTM, Memsource, etc. to connect with Dev frameworks for rapid, iterative translation updates.
- Familiar with Git, Github, TeamCity, Jenkins, Jira and other integration tools, process and workflow for code check-in, review, deployment, bug tracking, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.