San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The performance engineering group here at Coupa Software is looking for a performance architect with performance engineering experience in scalable and high-performing applications. You will apply your expertise to influence our engineering teams in identifying and pursuing performance optimizations of existing products and infrastructure.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about performance, to directly impact the experience of users of the Coupa Software platform. You will be working on solving state of the art performance and scalability challenges in a multi-tenant platform supporting users across all Coupa customers. You will be exposed to many different technologies, architectures, and systems hosted in data centers across the globe on many different cloud infrastructures. You are responsible for identifying and recommending new technologies that address scalability challenges of Coupa Platform. Come join our performance team and help contribute to the Value as a Service revolution.
- Design and implement solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability of SaaS / Cloud Native Platform, application and Infrastructure
- Root cause analysis of performance and scalability issues and recommend solutions to alleviate these issues
- Optimize sizing of deployed component instances for cost optimization
- Drive strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects, Engineers, SME's and the broader Coupa organization
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged in addressing product scalability bottlenecks
- Design Operations focused solutions for Engineering, considering performance, tuning, and scalability
- Provide technical recommendations for system performance measurement and analysis, and profiling/troubleshooting techniques
- Diagnoses, tracks, and manages performance issues to resolution
- At least 13 years of experience in Performance Analysis and troubleshooting of production systems
- Strong analytical and programming skills ( Ruby and/or JAVA and/or .Net)
- At least 5+ years of development experience on any programming language ( Ruby and/or JAVA and/or .Net)
- Domain expert on public cloud, distributed system, micro services architecture and capacity planning
- Experienced in Performance engineering design, implementing, and automating benchmarks
- Proven experience in performance, scalability analysis and optimizations
- Proven expertise in solving OS level performance issues
- Excellent Kubernetes diagnostic experience
- Understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems software and understand the impact of locking, caching and I/O on software performance
- Proven track record in bringing clarity to ambiguous situations. Ability to facilitate and arbitrate technical discussions, and to make challenging calls or recommendations; Work well in a distributed team environment
- Experience in monitoring and measurements using tools like catchpoint, InfluxDB, Prometheus, ELK/Kibana and New Relic
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
• Based in California: $201,500-$234,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.