Sr. Data Scientist (Supply Chain)
Seattle, Washington, United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Serve as a member of the Supply Chain Design and Planning (SCDP) team within Applied Research. Focus will be on combining ML techniques, heuristic algorithms with optimization solvers to solve Supply Chain problems
- Review literature, identify appropriate methods/algorithms to solve a given problem & modify/enhance them as needed - research, design, develop, and test algorithms
- Being a hands-on contributor for developing products is a key responsibility in this role
- Perform design reviews and code reviews.
- Take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion thoroughly and efficiently
- Work effectively & collaboratively with the team members in order to complete projects on time
- Support business applications for internal and external stakeholders
- Present work to various teams within Coupa and to external customers
- Assist in patent filing work
- MS or PhD degree in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent
- MS with 5+ years or PhD with 2+ years of industry experience in the domain of Supply Chain
- Experience with complex algorithm development
- Knowledge of a variety of Machine Learning algorithms & techniques (Linear, Non-linear models, Tree-based algorithms, Neural Networks, Classification, Clustering, Regression, Feature Engineering, Feature Selection, PCA etc.)
- Knowledge of optimization, integer programming, and large-scale network analysis
- Comfortable using Python, SQL and good knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, data structures and development methodologies
- Experience with distributed data processing tools like Spark (Highly desired)
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
Based in Washington: $126,000-$161,500
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, accrued vacation days for non-exempt employees, catered in-office lunches… And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.