Senior Manager / Director - Global Learning and Development
San Mateo, CA
People Team – Coupa University
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
We are a face-paced, growing company looking for a passionate L&D leader to take the reins of our expanding professional development program. Are you passionate about helping employees cultivate and grow their skills and knowledge? Do you consider yourself a star mentor and coach? Then we’re looking for you.
This role contributes to the team’s ability to support Coupa’s overall organizational needs, to enable and improve employee performance, and ensure organizational productivity. The Learning & Development leader will apply tested adult learning concepts, instructional design theories and practices. Work will span a number of areas: management and leadership programs, instructional design and development, HIPO programs, career development programs, and more. The person in this role will vision, analyze, design, develop, deliver, implement and evaluate various curricula and learning solutions that impact multiple learners across the organization.
We are looking for a curious, continuous learner who is tuned into learning best practices and passionate about bringing simple, creative, practical solutions using multiple learning tools to learners of all types and levels.
- Design and develop effective training programs with the help of HR, management, and employee feedback
- Prepare educational materials, manuals, audio recordings, and videos to be used as reference guide
- Partner with leadership and HR to understand learning needs
- Establish relationships and partnerships with SME’s and stakeholders
- Develop, align and connect business needs to learning programs for all Coupa employees
- Design, develop and deliver practical, innovative and sustainable learning programs
- Virtual and live facilitation of programs
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Responsible for new program development and maintenance of existing programs
- Evaluate training programs with metrics focused on training effectiveness and learning transfer
- Support creation and use of key learning analytics
- Conduct performance audits, surveys, feedback panels and business ROI analysis on learning programs
- 10 years of learning and development experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Experience applying instructional design principles, adult learning theories, project management and story boarding.
- Leadership or Management Learning program experience (5+ years)(desired)
- Demonstrated success building and deploying business-aligned learning programs of all types
- Demonstrated impact of learning programs on learning and job function outcomes
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience with virtual learning platforms (eg, Zoom, GoToTraining, etc.).
- Experience with various and diverse learning channels
- Experience with vendor management a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Learning or General Studies
- Travel 25%
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.