Senior Product Manager, Platform
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Product Management /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
- Contribute to the product vision, roadmap, and execution of Coupa’s Business Platform product portfolio, with a substantial emphasis on Approvals and Workflow Process Automation.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and UX to design.
- Balance innovation, customer and market needs to deliver delightful, useful and clear experiences.
- Manage the entire product life cycle: strategic planning, roadmap, feature design, development support, go-to-market, and field support.
- Negotiate and advocate with other teams to solve cross-product needs
- Conduct competitive market analysis.
- Represent the product internally and externally, with occasional global travel and presentations—both internally, and to customers with wide ranging user needs and levels of sophistication.
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience in Enterprise SaaS software.
- Track record of mastering complex new areas quickly.
- You understand the importance of UX, and if you’re not a designer you can still prioritise and drive toward highly usable, well-designed solutions with clear UX standards.
- You understand the importance of solid engineering, testing, prioritising the bug backlog, and managing technical debt.
- You can balance team, company and external priorities, and make effective and well-reasoned tradeoffs.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and use analysis and facts to help make decisions.
- You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to synthesize, summarize, and extract the essence of what matters for each stakeholder.
- You’re eager to learn, self-start and thrive in a growing and fast-moving company.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a technical degree is preferred.
- Experience with process automation and/or middleware tools is a strong plus.
- Experience with enterprise integrations (APIs, Call Outs, Webhooks, SFTP) is a strong plus.
- Experience in business spend management like sourcing, contracts, procurement, expensing or payments is a plus.
- Some travel to customer and prospect sites in North America, Europe, and Asia.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
•Based in California: $137,500-170,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.