Applied Research Intern
United States /
Development – Engineering - Americas / Europe / Asia /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
LLamasoft interns will do research, proof of concept work and even implementation in our production systems on one or more projects applying both traditional mathematical modeling and cutting-edge machine learning techniques including (but not limited to):
Supply Chain Modeling techniques: Aggregation and Clustering Constraint programming
Unsupervised learning techniques to gain insights into both the inputs and
the outputs of MIP supply chain models
Outlier detection and handling to improve solver performance and usability
Social media data as causative factors in forecasting
Using ML techniques to predict stock outs
Graph theory and game theory to provide insights into supply chain networks
- Currently enrolled in or graduated from a program for IOE, OR, or Data Science related fields.
- Strong and demonstrated desire to learn.
- Ability to synthesis one or more academic research into algorithm prototypes
- Intermediate programming skills
- Working experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C#, C++, etc. required
- Working experience with at least one scripting language such as python, R, VBA, etc. required
- Basic understanding of software design and architecture (Data structures, Time complexity of algorithms, Design patterns, etc.)
- Experience formulating and building mathematical models required
- Be familiar with models and solution approaches for Linear/Integer/Mixed-Integer Programs, Combinatorial Optimization, Dynamic Programming and Meta-Heuristics
- Some experience with a mathematical modeling language such as IBM CPLEX, Gurobi or FICO Xpress desirable
- Have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Strong analytical abilities to convert business requirements into actionable work.
- Ability to communicate with cross-functional teams.
This will be a paid, remote (due to the pandemic) Summer Internship. You will enjoy many of the benefits of Coupa employees. There will also be intern-specific events that are unique to our interns such as weekly intern lunches with Department Executives.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.