Senior Product Manager, CLM
San Mateo, California, United States /
Development – Product Management /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
As a Senior Product Manager for Coupa Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM), you will be responsible for the overall product strategy of our Coupa CLM product as well as its critical synergies with other Coupa products such as Procurement, Sourcing, Risk, Supplier Management and more.
In this role, you will communicate with all the key stakeholders—our customers, partners and the various internal teams within the company— and ensure that our vision is clearly articulated in the market. You will work with PMs, developers, UX, architects, and quality engineering to define thoughtful, detailed product release requirements. You will work with the marketing team to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them crystallize the product positioning, its business value, key benefits, and target customers. You will also evangelize your product offering internally (e.g., sales) and externally with our customers and partners.
This is a challenging but incredibly rewarding experience for an outstanding Product Manager, as you will be responsible for the trajectory and growth of a Coupa product used all over the world by enterprise customers.
- Manage the Coupa CLM product line, and own the vision, strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans.
- Balance suite synergy, innovation, customer, and market needs to deliver delightful, useful, and clear experiences.
- Manage the entire product life cycle, including strategic planning, road mapping, feature design, development support, go-to-market, and field support.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignments between product areas and the wider organization.
- Work closely with engineering and product managers through design, build, test of requirements (stories) and documentation.
- Identify and analyze partner relationships for the product.
- Continually assess our products’ competitive market position in the U.S. and internationally.
- Represent the product internally and externally.
- Give polished presentations to stakeholders and customers.
- 6+ years of Product Management experience in an innovative SaaS/Cloud product company, in positions of high responsibility and ownership.
- Product management experience with CLM or related software is a plus but not required.
- Experience with use case definition, backlog management and Agile methodology
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think analytically, present business cases, and sell the product vision
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously and people
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with diverse and distributed teams
- Highly self-motivated, hardworking, collaborative and goal-driven team player
- BA/BS technical degree or related field preferred. MBA, or ability to demonstrate equivalent work experience.
Like to Have:
- Mastery of writing analytics SQL queries.
- Strong fundamentals with application development, Agile software development, Jira, Confluence, and all that bread ‘n’ butter stuff.
- Experience with areas of business spend management like expenses, sourcing, contracts, procurement, or payments.
- Experience with global requirements and international regulations affecting Enterprise SaaS software.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
•Based in California: $137,500-170,000
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.