Senior Solutions Engineer, Security
United States /
G&A – Legal /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The Senior Security and Solutions Engineer reports to the VP of Security and Compliance and is responsible for supporting sales, product, and engineering teams with product positioning, evaluating and communicating customer requirements, developing customer facing collateral, and overall winning the confidence of customer and prospects. The Senior Security and Solutions Engineer accomplishes this via audio or web conference calls as well as live meetings throughout the country and abroad. As well as through coordinating the development of collateral to communicate Coupa’s security and compliance capabilities to customers and prospects. The Security and Solutions Engineer will have expert-level knowledge of Software as a Service security, as well as a solid understanding of Compliance programs focused on SaaS offerings. The role will also require close collaboration with the Sales organization.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist sales teams in addressing customer and prospect security questions.
- Provide thought leadership in the development of collateral that will answer most basic questions.
- Provide technical product capability expertise and positioning.
- Participate in sales discussions in virtual and live meetings.
- Win the confidence of colleagues and client prospects as an expert technical resource.
- Interface with Product, GRC, and Engineering departments regarding product requirements.
- Minimum of 8 years of related technical experience; at least 2 in a Sales Engineering/Support Role.
- Extensive knowledge in Cloud Security, specifically software as a service (SaaS) model.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to independently develop relationships and communicate with high level internal and external technical staff.
- Previous experience working with sales teams articulating the benefits of security controls.
- Proven Presentation Skills: Able to design and present highly technical concepts and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise and easily understood manner.
- Advanced problem solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Ability to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus with the prospect.
- Ability to influence several cross-functional departments to gain alignment and to drive design solutions with the appropriate organizations.
- Able to quickly and accurately assess current operations, identify design flaws, and build consensus on both a proposed solution and plan of action.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.