Sr. Manager, Database Reliability Engineering
San Mateo, CA /
Development – Cloud Operations /
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The database reliability team will be responsible for supporting the Database as a Service (DBaaS).
- Strong Hands-on experience with one or more database engines MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and Mongo dB (MySQL is a must)
- Be involved in technical architecture, design decisions, project plans, and team development documents.
- Cross collaborative and personal communications skills to speak with clarity to influence from entry-level engineer to leadership team.
- Eager to learn new technologies and stay abreast of upcoming technologies in the Database arena and industry trends.
- Database administrator experience in managing highly scalable Tier1 systems.
- Listening to the internal and external customer business requirements and align your team to achieve the goal.
- Hire, retain, and motivate top talent on the side.
- Define long-term roadmap and drive release planning and execution
- Data-driven approaches consistently drive improvements and identify actual root cause using various problem-solving strategies using 5Why's and Pareto to resolve the systemic issues.
- Work with the application team to define SLI's/SLO's and meet the objectives' database operations.
- Implements designs by writing scripts, configuring systems, servers, cloud resources, including testing, and debugging.
- Analyzes network, application, and system requirements and produces efficient, secure, reliable, and cost-effective designs.
- Manage and evolve database monitoring tools, performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, science, or business
- 5+ years of managing database engineering, administration, and operations.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the databases MSSQL, MySQL, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL. Experience in MySQL and MSSQL is preferred
- Experience with one or more large Cloud deployments AWS, GCP, or Azure. AWS is preferred.
- In-depth experience in designing high volume, scalable, data-intensive DB systems
- 6+ years of managing, administering, and tuning databases
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup, recovery, database shrink operations, Database mirroring, Replication, and performance monitoring standards
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Broad experience with DevOps practices such as CI/CD and Infrastructure as code
- Familiarity Using CI/CD scripting tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience in running mission-critical massive scale database systems in MySQL, MSSQL, or similar technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in working as a manager or leadership role in the SaaS provider.
- Experience in managing a geographically diverse team, building a high-performance team, and mentoring junior team members.
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, a 401(k) match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.